FALL IN LOVE WITH MORE FREE TEMPLATES! CLICK HERE TO GET YOUR OWN SMITTEN BLOG DESIGN... »

Friday, January 1, 2010

home made french fries

can i just start by saying that i had no idea how incredibly easy this is to make!! and they are soooo good- i am never buying frozen fries again. Theres never enough for my husband- he always wants more! passed the toddler test, easy. I made them the other night with BBQ chicken sandwhiches. any excuse i can think of to make them works for me though!



Baked French Fries


Ingredients
1 large baking potato (one was enough for me, my husband and my little sis in law:)
1 tablespoon olive oil
1/2 teaspoon paprika
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon chili powder
1/2 teaspoon onion powder
I added a clove of minced garlic
and pepper/garlic salt


Directions
Preheat oven to 450 degrees F (230 degrees C).
Cut potato into wedges. Mix olive oil, paprika, garlic powder, chili powder and onion powder together. Coat potatoes with oil/spice mixture and place on a baking sheet.
Bake for 45 minutes in preheated oven.

side note...

I cut the potatoes into sticks like normal fries and then baked them for 15 minutes, turned them over, and baked for another 15 minutes (the whole time at 425 since they're thinner than wedges. don't place them on foil either;) i put all the ingedients in a baggy and let it sit for almost an hour before i baked them.

No comments:

Post a Comment