FALL IN LOVE WITH MORE FREE TEMPLATES! CLICK HERE TO GET YOUR OWN SMITTEN BLOG DESIGN... »

Tuesday, January 19, 2010

improvising...


ok so i've only been posting recipes that me and my family love, so how about mixing it up a bit! So my husband and I just purchased our 1st home;) yay! so we have been trying to be very frugal lately- paying for closing costs and down payment adds up!...(until we get our fabulous incentive check;) and this is hard for me because i love cooking and making good food but were trying to just eat what we have. So i've been trying to be creative with vegetarian dishes (gag me, seriously how do people live like this!!) My husband has been a good sport too. We miss our chicken, but we can handle this! ha. So last night I made some noodle contraption with egg noodles, rice, chicken broth, corn and what ever else i could throw in there. It was ok. it would've been SO much better with some meat it but we can eat a few humble meals once and a while! And, going along with the 'humble' theme, I made rice pudding haha (no offense if you disagree!!!;). That was the only thing worth posting!!

Creamy Rice Pudding



3/4 cup uncooked white rice
2 cups milk, divided
1/3 cup white sugar
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 egg, beaten
2/3 cup golden raisins
1 tablespoon butter
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
(I sprinkled cinnamon on top)



Directions
In a medium saucepan, bring 1 1/2 cups water to a boil. Add rice and stir. Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
In another saucepan, combine 1 1/2 cups cooked rice, 1 1/2 cups milk, sugar and salt. Cook over medium heat until thick and creamy, 15 to 20 minutes. Stir in remaining 1/2 cup milk, beaten egg and raisins. Cook 2 minutes more, stirring constantly. Remove from heat, and stir in butter and vanilla. Serve warm.

No comments:

Post a Comment