FALL IN LOVE WITH MORE FREE TEMPLATES! CLICK HERE TO GET YOUR OWN SMITTEN BLOG DESIGN... »

Saturday, January 23, 2010

morning glory


So my father-in-law is actually a very talented cook! I will be taking more lessons from him in the future! He gave me my first 'lesson' the other day...he sent my husband and I home with some fabulous home made cereal. I don't know about you, but i spend so much time in the cereal isle at the store bc nothing looks good! I always end up getting something super plain bc I never buy anything with a ton of sugar in it- and i always end up not liking it. (point of that story is that i'm super picky with cereal) Anyway-so this cereal he sent us home with was so good- that instead of eating frozen yogurt and watching sports center with Gene (our evening tradition:) , he ate frozen yogurt alone and i ate that cereal! So he taught me how to make it, and to be honest, I prob will never buy store cereal again. These ingredients will save you tons compared to buying boxed cereal. All of these ingredients can be purchased at Sprouts- so its completely organic and low sugar, and really good for you. Its especially wonderful for us runners as a post run energy booster. Thanks pop pop!
Homemade Cereal
4 cups Oats
1 cup Wheat bran
1/2 cup of dried coconut
1/2 cup of raisins
1/2 cup golden raisins
1/2 cup pepitas seeds
1/2 cup sunflower seeds
1/2 cup of sliced almonds
1/2 cup of Agrave syrup- purchased at sprouts (or honey)

1/4 cup of olive oil

2 tbsp vanilla

*of course you can add or remove, or add more of any one of these:) mix all together and bake at 375 for 10 mins. let cool for 5-10 mins and thats it!





No comments:

Post a Comment